Older Americans using more Social Media
Social Media Now Good Demographic for Online Chiropractic Marketing
Social media was considered a young person activity. If so, that would not fit into the basic age demographic of the chiropractic patient based on research from the NIH.
Largest demographic group for chiropractic utilization is 35 to 55 y/o female
Social media usage among 65 years and older have doubled in the last year.
In the 50 to 64 age group, it went up 88 percent.
- 47%of adults between 50 and 64 years old use social networking sites, and more than a quarter.
- 26% of senior citizens do the same.
- Among all adults, social media usage jumped 33% over the past year.
- Nearly two-thirds of all U.S. adults involved in social networking online.
- Average time spent on Facebook alone 28 minutes.
Three reasons for the growing popularity of social networking among older Americans:
- It enables them to reconnect with people from their past.
- It enables them to find support in times of poor health and chronic disease.
- It enables communication across generation gaps.
Number two offers a great opportunity for chiropractors using online marketing systems to share natural health care information and advice for health and chronic disease.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!